Choose the correct answer by crossing (X) A, B, C, or D
Text for number 1-4
The Legend of Lake TobaOnce upon a time, in the village in North Sumatra there was a handsome man. His name was Batara Guru Sahala. One day, he caught a fish. He was surprised to find that the fish could talk. It begged Sahala to set it free.
As soon as the fish was free, it changed into a woman. She said that he to keep the secret and Sahala to promise he would not to tell anyone about it. They were married and had two daughters.
One day, Sahala was angry to his daughters and said that they like a fish. Then the earth began shake and volcanoes started to erupt. The earth formed a big hole. People believed that the hole became a lake. Then the lake is called Lake Toba.
1. Where does the legend of Lake Toba come from?
It comes from ….
A. West Sumatra
B. North Sumatra
C. South Sumatra
D. East Sumatra
2. What did Batara Guru Sahala catch in the lake?
Batara Guru Sahala caught ….
A. A fish
B. a dog
C. a cat
D. a goat
3. How many children do they have?
A. two sons
B. two daughters
C. a son and a daughter
D. two sons and two daughters
4. Where did the story happen?
A. in the river
B. in the forest
C. in the lake
D. in the village
5. Sangkuriang wanted to marry Dayang Sumbi. He didn’t know that the woman was actually …
A. his mother
B. his sister
C. his grandmother
D. his aunt
6. Bellow is the legend from Central Java
A. Lake Rawapening
B. Mount Tangkuban Perahu
C. Malin Kundang
D. Lake Toba
6 . The legend comes from East Java. It tells about a shark and a crocodile which fight to an area in a river.
Then, the place becomes a city named ….
7. Nyi Roro Kidul is a myth from …
B. East Java
D. North Sumatra
8. The legends which tells about Roro Jonggrang is …
B. Tangkuban Perahu
C. Kebo Iwa
D. Situ Bagendit
9. The boy who was cursed became a stone by his mother was …
A. Malin Kundang
B. Bandung Bondowoso
D. Joko Tarub
10. Today is Tania’s birthday. Her parents and her friends give her a lot of presents. Tania feels …
11. My mother works hard everyday. She feels …
12. Budi feels thirsty, ….. he drinks a glass of iced tea.
13. The students make noise in the classroom. The teacher feels …
14. It is 3 p.m, but Andi hasn’t come home from school. Mother feels …
15. Johan feels so thirsty, so he …
A. go to bed
B. drink fresh water
C. eat snack
D. take a rest
16. Today Amir feels so …. Because his cat died.
17. I don’t like horror film, because it makes me …
18. Citra : Look, mam. I got 100 for my English test!
Mother : Congratulation, dear. You’re so smart
Citra : Thank you, mom
From the dialogue above, we know that Citra feels …
19. The show must begin at 2 p.m, but now is 4 p.m, and the show hasn’t begun yet. The audiences feel ....
Text for number 21 – 23
20. Indonesia is a ….
21. The lowest level of the Indonesian government is ….
23. The central government is ….
D. village chief
24. The recent governor of Central Java is ….
A. Mr. Bibit Waluyo
B. Mr. Sukawi Sutarip
C. Mr. Hendrar Priadi
D. Mr. Sumarmo
25. He is Mr. Roy Suryo. He is the minister of ….
A. information and Communication
C. Youth and Sport
26. President – helped – vice president – is – by
The correct order is ….
A. Vice president is helped by president.
B. President is helped by vice president.
C. Helped by is president vice president.
D. President helped by is vice president.
27. Vivi :” Where do you come from, Tata?”
Tata :” I come from Bandung”
Vivi : “Oh, I see. Bandung is the capital of …”
A. East Java
B. Central Java
D. West Java
28. Japan is an empire. It is led by ….
A. A queen
B. An emperor
C. A king
D. A president
29. The minister of education of Indonesia right now is ….
A. Mr. Muhammad Nuh
B. Mr. Hatta Rajasa
C. Mr. Tifatul Sembiring
D. Mr. Roy Suryo
30. The currency of Malaysia is ….
Text for number 31 – 33
Rainy season is from November to April. In rainy season, rain falls everyday. People usually bring raincoats and umbrellas. The weather is always cold and wet. The river usually overflow. Sometimes there is flood.
31. Rainy season is from November to ….
32. In rainy season people usually bring …
D. t– shirt
33. The weather is always cold and ….
34. There are … seasons in Europe
35. It is December. It is … in Australia
36. Look, it is …….. It is going to rain
37. The rain falls almost everyday in ………….. season.
A. rainy season
B. dry season
38. It is the most beautiful season. The flowers bloom, the birds sing, the air is fresh. Of course, because it is …. Season.
39. What happens in autumn?
A. the leaves fall
B. the rain falls
C. there is a lot of snow
D. the flowers bloom
40. The heavy rain has fallen for two days. There is ….. in the city
Text for number 41 – 43
Jodi : “How many planets are there in the solar system?”Dika : “There are eight planets in the solar system”Jodi : “Could you mention them?”Dika :” Of course. They are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune”Jodi : “What planet has the rings?”Dika : “It is Saturn. It is beautiful planet”Jodi : “Can we live in this planet?”Dika : “No, we can’t”
41. There are … planets in the solar system.
42. The eighth planet from the sun is ….
43. The people can live in this planet. The name of the planet is ….
44. The sky is beautiful tonight. There is the moon shines brightly, and some … twinkling like a nice smile.
45. Bromo is a famous … in East Java. Many foreign and domestic tourists come there to see the exotic of the place.
46. Indonesia has unique traditional market called “pasar apung”. The sellers and buyers are on a boat to make transaction. The market is located on a ….
Fill in the blanks according the text for number 47 – 50
Indonesia has some tourist places which are famous all over the world. Bali is the most famous island. Many foreign tourists like to visit Kuta …(47) … to see the sunset. Some of them do surfing in the …(48)…. In North Sumatra, there is a lake called …(49)…. The lake is so wide. In the middle of the lake, there is an island named …(50)….
47. A. river
48. A. sea
49. A. Situ Bagendit
50. A. Samosir