I. Choose the correct answer by crossing (x) a, b, c or d !
Text for number 1 to 5
The Solar System
The earth where we live on, is part of the solar system. It is called the solar system because everything goes around the sun. The sun is the centre.
There are eight planets in the solar system. They are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. The four smaller inner planets, Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars, are primaly composed of rock and metal. While the two largest, Jupiter and Saturn are composed largely of ices, such as water, ammonia and methane. They all move around the sun.
The sun is actually a star. It has its own light. But planets are not stars. They don't have their own light. The planets get light from the sun.
1. Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars are the four ... inner planets.
2. All the planets ... around the sun.
3. The planets get light from the ....
4. ... has own light.
5. What is the tittle of the text above?
a. The Solar System
b. The Planets
c. The Biggest Planet
d. The Star
6. ... rises in the morning.
7. A :"Does the moon have its own light?"
B :"No, it ..."
8. The following are the things in the earth, except ....
9. I save my money in the ....
d. bus station
10. My father is a doctor. He works in the ....
11. ... do you live?
12. Mrs. Tina orders Anggi not to be lazy. She says ....
a. Sit down!
b. Don't tell a lie
c. Don't speak!
d. Don't be lazy!
13. Mr. Andy orders Sintha not to be naughty. She says ....
a. Don't be naughty!
b. Don't cry!
c. Stand up!
14. ... the door!
15. Keep ...!
My baby is sleeping.
16. .... ! The rainbow is beautiful.
17. ... sit on the bench!
The paint is still wet.
18. Indonesia is a ....
19. The capital of Indonesia is ....
20. Belows are the name of province in Indonesia, except ....
a. West Java
c. West Kalimantan
d. East Java
Text for number 21 to 23
Up to now Indonesia has six presidents. The first president is Sukarno.
He led this country from 1945 to 1966. The second president is Suharto.
He led Indonesia from 1966 to 1998. The next president are B.J.Habibie,
Abdurrahman Wahid, Megawati Sukarno Putri, and Susilo Bambang
21. The first president of Indonesia is ....
b. Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono
d. Megawati Sukarno Putri
22. Suharto led Indonesia for ... years.
a. twenty two
b. twenty one
c. thirty two
d. thirty one
23. The president after B.J.Habibie was ....
a. Abdurrahman Wahid
c. Megawati sukarno Putri
d. Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono
24. The king's son is a ....
25. The leader of a kingdom is a ....
26. A :"How much does the pen cost?"
B :"It ... two thousand rupiahs."
27. Shopkeeper is a person who works in the ....
28. A :"What ... the price of this bag?"
B :"It is seventy five thousand rupiahs."
29. Rp.25.000 = ...
a. Twenty nine thousand rupiahs
b. Seventy five thousand rupiahs
c. fifty two thousand rupiahs
d. Twenty five thousand rupiahs
30. We will go to Bandung ...
c. two days a go
d. last week
31. She ... buy a book tomorrow morning.
32. Wina doesn't pass the examination. She feels ....
33. Mr.Peno works all day long in the rice field. He feels ....
34. A:"Where will ... go next holiday?"
B:"They will go to Borobudur temple."
Text for number 35 to 38
Hello, friends. My name is Rania. You can call me Nia. I will tell you
something about Mrs.Julie. She is my favorite English teacher. She has
an oval face, pointed nose, white skin and long hair. All students like
her because she is very kind and very beautiful. She teaches English
patiently. She is also smart. She is as smart as Mr.Dhika, our former
English teacher. Someday, I want to be an English teacher like her.
35. Mrs.Julie is ....
a. an English teacher
b. a math teacher
c. a doctor
d. a nurse
36. Is Mrs.Julie as smart as Mr.Dhika?
a. Yes, she do
b. No, they don't
c. Yes, she is
d. No, she isn't
37. All students like Mrs.Julie because she is ....
a. always angry
b. always smile
c. very kind
d. very fat
38. Mrs.Julie has ... hair.
39. I ... a letter yesterday.
40. My grandfather is ... than my father.
c. most old
41. The opposite of long is ....
42. Rasty always gets the first rank in her class. She is the ... student in the class.
c. more clever
43. Wini is as ... as Nisa.
d. more taller
44. We have twenty ...
b. a book
c. an book
45. A;"May I borrow your pencil?"
a. Don't speak
b. No, I don't
c. Sit down
d. Yes, of course
46. The legend of Tangkuban Perahu is from ...
a. East Java
b. West Java
c. Central Java
47. The hospital is behind the school.
The antonym of behind is ....
a. in front of
b. next to
48. Hani is lazy, but her brother is ....
49. Sandri :"Escuse me, May I bring your books?"
a. Yes, please
b. No, I don't
c. Don't sleep
d. I'm fine
50. We are very happy .... our team won the competition.
II. Fill the blank with the correct answer!
51. We use an ... to bring the patient to the hospital.
52. Mrs.Irna is a .... She helps the doctor.
53. Diana is tall ... her brother is short.
54. Yunita is pretty, ... all the boys are interested with her.
55. There ... seven bags in the cupboard.
56. We need tent, rope and carrier to go ....
57. My father brings his fish hook when he goes ....
58. Niagara fall is the name of a ... in America.
59. The sun ... in the west.
60. I ... English last night.
1. b 11. a 21. c 31. a 41. b
2. c 12. d 22. c 32. a 42. b
3. a 13. a 23. a 33. c 43. c
4. a 14. b 24. a 34. b 44. d
5. a 15. a 25. d 35. d 45. d
6. d 16. c 26. b 36. a 46. b
7. d 17. b 27. a 37. c 47. a
8. c 18. d 28. c 38. a 48. c
9. b 19. d 29. d 39. b 49. a
10. c 20. b 30. b 40. d 50. b