UTS II Bahasa Inggris Kelas 5 SD Semester 2 TA 2013/2014

Read the text!
Mr. Hanson’s Family
Mr. Hanson is my uncle. He has two sons and a daughter. The first son’s name is Jason and the second is Jack. His daughter’s name is Kylie. Mr. Hanson works as a businessman. And his wife is as a housewife.
They always spend the holiday together. Because my uncle is busy person. Sometimes they have dinner at the restaurant, go to the recreation place or go to the cinema.
I. Answer these questions based on the text!
1. Who is my uncle’s name?
………………………………………………………………………………………………………
2. How many children does he have?
………………………………………………………………………………………………………
3. What is his wife?
………………………………………………………………………………………………………
4. Mention Mr. Hanson’s favorite recreation places!
………………………………………………………………………………………………………
5. Is he a busy person?
………………………………………………………………………………………………………

II. Cross (X) a, b, c, or d for the correct answer!
6. A : … I help you?
    B: I need a kilogram of sugar, please!
a. What b. Can c. How d. Excuse me

7. My grandmother is my … mother or father.
a. Mother’s b. father’s c. sister’s d. brother’s

8. I have a brother.
… name is Donny.
a. Her b. Their c. Him d. His

9. She has hair …
a. Straight    c. Waving
b. Curly       d. Blonde

10. A : How is his …?
      B : It is sharp/pointed.
a. Hair b. ear c. nose d. eye

11. Anne : I want to have lunch.
        Liza : … first!
a. Don’t worry         c. wash your hand
b. Wash your meal   d. don’t cheat

12. … your father will come soon!
a. Don’t worry    c. be lazy
b. Be happy        d. don’t be nervous

13. I need … of noodle.
a. a cup      c. a loaf
b. a spoon  d. a bowl

14. Waiter : Excuse me, can I help you?
       Sandy : Yes, I need …, please!
a. A glass of coffee     c. a cup of coffee
b. A cup of juice         d. a bowl of noodle

15. * car * rice *egg *computer
… and … are the examples of daily need.
a. Car, computer b. rice, egg c. car, egg d. computer, rice

16. A place where the tourist can spend the night is …
a. lobby       c. hotel
b. café         d. room boy

17. Tourist : Where is the nearest hotel from here?
Elizabeth : It is Star Hotel
Tourist : How is it?
Elizabeth : it is about 1 kilometer
Tourist : Thank you
Elizabeth : You’re welcome
a. long b. near c. far d. fast

18. The green vegetables is …
a. Carrot b. spinach c. tomato d. chili

19. Cabbage is the name of …
a. Fruit b. place c. food d. vegetable

20. Carol : is it an apple?
Nick : …
a. yes, it is an apple       c. no it is a jackfruit
b. no, it is a pumpkin     d. no, it is a pear

21. I have grandfather and grandmother, they are my …
a. Grandparent b. grandchildren c. parent d. parent in law

22. My mother has two daughters and a son. She has … children.
a. two b. three c. four d. five

23. bring – books – she – today – doesn’t
a. she bring book doesn’t today    c. today book she doesn’t bring
b. today she bring doesn’t book    d. she doesn’t bring book today

24. The party starts at …
a. Sunday
b. Morning
c. 25 May
d. 8 a.m.

25. My father … a cup of coffee every morning.
a. drink b. drinks c. drank d. drinking

26. I need 2 kilograms of sugar. The price of 1 kilogram of sugar is Rp 8000. I pay … to the seller.
a. Rp 8000,- b. Rp 12.000,- c. Rp 16.000,- d. Rp 20.000,-

27. He eats a plate of rice.
The correct question for the sentence above is …
a. Is he eating?              c. Where does he eat?
b. What does he eat?     d. How does he eat?

(for number 28-30)
Mr. Suryo has two sons and two daughters. Sony is the first children and Nilam is the second.
Nilam has a young brother, he is Jono. And the last children is Salsa. Salsa is two years old now.

28. Mr. Suryo has … children.
a. six b. five c. four d. three

29. … is the third children.
a. Salsa b. Jono c. Nilam d. Sony

30. Mr. Suryo’s … children is Salsa.
a. first b. second c. third d. four

31. I have three brothers.
(-) …
a. I has no three brothers            c. I have no brothers
b. I don’t have three brothers      d. Do I have three brothers?

32. Are there tourists in the hotel?
(+) …
a. There are tourists in the hotel        c. Are there tourists in the hotel?
b. There aren’t tourist in the hotel     d. There are many tourists in the hotel

33. Nobita, Suneo and Giant are friends. Giant has a … body.
a. thin b. short c. tall d. big

34. African has … skin.
a. black b. white c. red d. brown

35. This is my father. He is a …
He leads a school.
a. policeman       c. school guard
b. headmaster     d. postman

III. Fill in the blanks with the correct words!

36. My Grandma has … hair.
37. Sasha : What do you want to cook, mom?
Mother : I want to cook soup
Sasha : Do you need carrot?
Mother : …, …
38. Keiko : I need a kilogram of meat, how much is it?
Seller : It is Rp 7000
Keiko : How about Rp 6000?
Seller : Ok, here it is
Keiko : …
39. A : Do you like eggplant?
B : …, …
I like potato
40. I’m an animal. My neck is long. I like grass very much. Usually I live in the zoo or Africa’s savannah.
I’m is …
41. Laura and Rico are having lunch at the … (restorant)
42. Majapahit Hotel is in …
43. My mother has a husband, he is my …
44. Anton is a fat boy. … has a fat body.
45. … your sister? Yes, she is.
46. A : … I help you, sir?
B : Yes, I need a room with a single bed.
Do these tasks!

47. Make good sentence with these words!
a. family b. curly
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………
48. Mention 2 names of hotel in Sidoarjo or Surabaya!
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………
49. Where do you usually buy vegetables?
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………
50. Do you like staying in a hotel?
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………
51. Your friend give you a piece of chocolate cake, what do you say to him?
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………
Previous
Next Post »
Thanks for your comment